Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Battle at the Moons of Hell: Helfort's War 1


Teaser: Michael Helfort, fresh graduate from the academy, gets his first assignment as a crewman on vessel 387 on a mission to rescue prisoners who have been held on an inescapable planet named Hell. Soon, Michael finds out that his Mother and Sister are among the prisoners. He's willing to do anything it takes to rescue them.

Short Thought: Great main character. It has that 'personal vibe' that many space operas lack. I look forward to reading the next one.

Expanded Thoughts: I'm not a huge fan of Sci-fi in general, but there are a couple space operas I have liked in the past. The cover on this book was pretty (gets me every time), and so I bought it and read it.

It was very hard to follow with all the terminology and alternate worlds (usually why I don't read Sci-fi). The parts that focused on the main character's social life were brilliant, though. I think once I can get a grasp on the world and terms, this will be quite a gem. (with a pretty cover!)

Additional Notes: This is the 1st book in the Helfort's War"series by Graham Sharp Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment