Monday, June 01, 2009

Moon Called: Mercy Thompson Series 1


Teaser: Mercy is a auto mechanic with a strange heritage--she's a walker. As a walker, she can transform herself into a coyote form with ease. Her heritage in her neighborhood is not so strange in that the house next door houses a werewolf clan's alpha with whom she keeps getting into predicaments and awkward situations.

Short Thought: One of the best books in the paranormal romance genre.

Expanded Thoughts: While waiting for the next Sookie Stackhouse novel, I decided to try the Mercy Thompson novels. (Okay, so I was forced by one of my peers.) I was pleasantly surprised, they're even better than the Sookie books. I look forward to continuing.

My only complaint is that the main character has the annoying bullheaded, loner gene that is in so many other books in the genre. Though, I do applaud Briggs on having a main character that owns her own mechanic shop. That's too awesome. (Especially for me, I can't even check tire pressure without disaster.)

Additional Notes: This is the first novel in the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment