Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm Not Dead...

And I haven't stopped reading...

I did make the decision to stop blogging for awhile, 9 months according to blogger, for various reasons. (Apparently, someone forgot to give the memo to Life that I got stuff to do.) In short, my life was crazy, and I needed to do some soul searching. (And I thought I was safe from that cliche.)

I had all but given up this blog. In my mind, it was already in the cyber graveyard. I couldn't figured out what to do with this site. I was doubting myself. It wasn't until I was at my brother's wedding last week (congrads!!) that I got the boost I needed to mow ahead. One of my brother's friends said he liked my book blog. I was stunned. (I don't take compliments well. I was like a deer shot with a dart. Not pretty.) He really made my day, and I decided that I would save this blog and try my hand at it once again. (Seriously, the comment meant the world to me. Thank you, thank you.)

Now, I am back and hope to improve. One of the reasons I stopped at first was that I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to do with this site. As you can see, there are some big changes I have made. I did away with the rating system. I never felt right about rating books like that. So, if you still want that, follow through the links on this site to the book's Amazon.com page. There, you will find ratings and the like.

I was posting like a mad woman last year. I think some days I had more than one post coming out. I found that I couldn't keep that up and that the pace caused the quality of my posts to be less than I liked. In other words, I dug myself into a hole and wasn't sure what to do next. I made the decision to quit digging instead of digging myself deeper until I found a suitable path to move forward.

I can only pray that I have learned from my mistakes. That being said, posts will not be as frequent on Book Twang, but I will strive for them to be of better quality and interest. (Old post will also be revised and marked as such when time permits.)Also, there won't be as many ads, because quite frankly I find them annoying and distracting.

Your crazy reader,
Jenn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment