Thursday, July 02, 2009

Through the Grinder: Coffeehouse Mysteries 2

(Cleo Coyle)


Teaser: Clare Cosi's life is once again taken off its tracks. This time Clare founds out that her daughter is e-dating, and so she decides to sign-up to keep an eye on her. Unfortunately, it leads Clare and the Village Blend into major trouble yet again when Clare finds out that she may have just accepted a date with a serial killer.

Short Thought: Combines my two favorite things: coffee and mystery thrills!

Expanded Thoughts: I am always worried when I read the second book in the series especially if I loved the first one. I didn't need to worry with this one. It was a perfect book 2. It still had the wonderful feel of the first, but handed the reader just a little more of the life of Claire with a few more twists.

I love Claire as the main character. She is a woman that knows how to handle herself, and knows when to tell a guy off. (Especially Matteo, ha!) What I like most about her though is that she faces a lot of the problems that are relevant to women today. In this volume, she is worried sick about who daughter may be involved with and she also deals with dating woes of her own.

Don't let the lightness of this genre fool you either. The mystery plot was solid in this one. It kept you guessing until the end, and you never really knew just how in how much danger Claire was. In the story is included scenes with little snippets of the killer mind. It was great.

Also, can I just say that I love coffee? I mean I LOVE coffee. So, all the the coffee knowledge that I am gaining from these books is just icing on the cake. (A coffee cake!)

I just love it. It is the perfect contemporary, cozy, and light mystery drama.

Additional Notes
: This is the 2nd novel in the Coffeehouse Mysteries by Cleo Coyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment